HS on: two things dear

Hello dear readers! Today's  topic touches two things dear to me. Fast driving and girlfriends. Apparently these two don't mix very well...



See, spring arrived here in Finland today, and I was out for my first proper drive (because finally my 205 GTi would behave itself due to dry roads, not just under- and oversteer like it's done all winter). Ever since winter came i'd been dreaming of this moment, picturing it in my head a thousand times over. Well, technically i'd been dreaming of drifting about in a Miura and simoultaneously eating a steak while explosions went off, but you get the drift. Getting down to reality, this still was a moment i'd been waiting for.

To me the first drive in spring is an important occasion. An occasion when two old friends, one made of steely bits and one made of flesh, finally meet again and catch up, a touchy moment so to say. An occasion worth planning.

So after a quick sit-down with myself, I decided to head for Porkkalanniemi, a pilgrimage for bikers and probably one of the best driving-roads in Finland due to mainly one thing; corners, endless amounts of corners.

Driving fast on that twisty bit of heaven was an utter blast in the nimble little GTi, just as i'd pictured it. Or the thought of it was. See, I brought my beloved with me for the ride and turns out she has a speed-limit of 35mph...

I just wasn't able to get all friendly with my car due to constantly being distracted by over-pitched screams of terror and pleads to slow down.
This went on to the point of me contemplating about pulling over, running into the woods and fighting a bear to try and relieve the stress of not being able to drive fast. I'm glad I didn't act on that notion, firstly because I would probably have been killed, and secondly because the trip soon came to an end, though leaving me a bit foiled and my girlfriend very relieved.

I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too..

The thing I've learned today though and want to share with you is;
I know I shouldn't descend to stereotyping women, but... Confirmed. Women and cars are a dysfunctional combination! Ha, there, I said it!

And to you who have a girlfriend who enjoys speed and cars my message is this: double-check for penis before proceeding!




I still love my girlfriend very, very much though!

-HS






Thoughts, experiences and comments all welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment